Sunday, September 13, 2009

WHEAT STONE


I have been wanting to post this stone for some time, but because it was a commissioned stone for a gift, I held off until the gift was given. This stone was my biggest challenge yet. The request was an anniversary gift stone for a family that raises wheat.


I found this clipart and blew it up and asked if this idea would work. Then I found the color of glass that I thought I could make work.


I started cutting, cutting, and cutting. The more I did, the more I liked how it was coming along. This is after all the pieces were cut.





I held my breathe, said a prayer, and poured the cement. Oh,,, I was nervous!!!!! But I was pleased with the outcome. This is a 12 inch stone....


It was shipped and received and I am so glad that the person who ordered it was happy that it turned out the way she wanted it to.


If anyone is interested in a stepping stone, please email me at lrick4444@yahoo.com with your request. I like to have a month in advance notice, so I have time to create the design, cut, pour and cure the stone...

2 comments:

  1. It is so beautiful. I really love this one. I have to think of something that I would like you to make for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this one! Beautiful - and of course they were pleased - who wouldn't be? Lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete