Tuesday, September 22, 2009

DAY TRIP

We have always been spur of the moment people. I think it goes along with farming life because you never know when you are going to have a day off and when you do, you just go! Farming is a 24/7 occupation if you are self-employed and if you have livestock. I know all you farm wives are shaking your head yes....

So yesterday, I am doing my routine, coffee (always first), read blog, read newspaper, put in a load of wash (Monday is wash day for me)...... DH (dear hubby) says, "I think I want to take a ride today and check out some equipment (who knows at this point what equipment means! I don't ask, I just go along with it), maybe swing by and see Tracy. That's our daughter,,,, she lives 75 miles from us. For some reason, I'm thinking to myself, that's not just swinging by, but okay, I can play this game (cuz I didn't take Mind Reading 101 in school).

I said I could be ready in an hour and by his pacing, I'm thinking.... make it sooner. I announce that I am taking a shower quick (after all, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do). I decided to do everything; shower, hair, makeup, get dressed in super warped speed because we girls CAN when necessary!

and off we went!!!!

I decided, as we head into Iowa, to maybe do a Barn Theme picture taking blog. I quietly mention this to DH and he just smiles at me. By reading his mind this time, he's thinking....HUH????

I just have to keep myself entertained with my camera otherwise, I am telling him how to drive and that is one thing that just boils his blood.... so I just snap pics out the window... it is safer that way!

So these pics are me entertaining myself for what ends up to be a 200 mile trip to look at equipment and see our daughter...... left at 10:30. Got home at 6:00.
This flag is HUGE on top.


old corn crib





Alot of barns through out Iowa area have put what I call quilt patterns on their barns. You see them especially going towards the Amanas and Kolona. I like 'em!

This barn is kinda a landmark going to Columbus Junction. I have always liked it for it's grafitti. Kids have been known to drag their photographer out here for senior pics.

All in all it was a very enjoyable trip. We ate at a place in Washington, IA... Frontier Family Restaurant. Excellent food and packed with people.


and we stopped in Amana. I got to visit Sharon from Sweet Repose's new place.
I'll share those pics in another post.
Time to go... time is up.... I have been on this computer all morning and just need to MOVE ON!!!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Last year when we were driving back to TX from IA, we noticed a lot of unusual barns. I didnt think about taking pictures of them. Your pictures turned out really well. I enjoyed seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. I adore barns. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori, I never seem to get back to you from your comment. We don't worry too much we just have some brush down our hill, not trees, but you never know. Once I got home I stayed in except for the picture I took. Thanks for stopping over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lori!
    The Angels must have been flapping their wings, to keep the breeze strong, and keep you from stopping in Fairfax...I would have been mortified! I hope I'll have everything pulled together by sale time!
    Hope you can make it to the Sale, I'd love to see ya! {keep an open mind...}
    Barb C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome spur of the moment day trip!!! I love the pic's of the barns... old barns are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barns are just so full of character, aren't they? I don't know if there's a coffee table book of barns, but I'd buy it if there was!

    What a fun day! A big date with the husband, and you got a meal out of it and everything...

    ReplyDelete