Saturday, August 14, 2010

NAME DROPPING, RECIPE, AND A FEW FAVS...

I have started making my version of a granola bar. My family loves granola bars and eats them on a daily basis. But for all the calories and processing, I just knew there was something healthier out there in Recipe-world...
I have tried many different recipes, and this one is a big hit!
RECIPE
Cook Time: 10 min Level: Easy Yield:3 dozen
Times: Prep 10 min Inactive Prep 3 min Cook 10 min Total:23 min

Ingredients
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar (I use evaporated cane juice)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 12-ounce jar creamy peanut butter (Jif is the best flavor)
1 stick butter, softened (I use real butter, marjarine makes them spread too much and mushy)
1/2 cup multi-colored chocolate candies
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup raisins, optional (I use chopped dates)
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)
(I usually mix this all up with just dates(instead of raisins), scoop out 1/2 the batter in a bowl and then add the chocolate pieces so I have two different kinds of cookies).
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.
In a very large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate candies, chocolate chips, raisins, if using, baking soda, and oatmeal. Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. (I use an ice cream scoop, only 6 on a sheet, these get huge)
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overbake. Let stand for about 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool. When cool, store in large resealable plastic bags.
I use sandwich bags and pack them individually. This makes it easy to grab in the morning.
SO THERE IS THE RECIPE, NOW FOR THE FUN KITCHEN GADGETS.. A FEW OF MY FAVS

My sister gave me this measuring cylinder,,, love it!!!! I measure out dry ingredients first, then wet. It holds both with no leaking... The company that made it made a big mistake, no name on this gadget at all and I of course, threw away the packaging.

Hot pads from Sur La Table. I discovered this place in San Diego last year and have been online ordering from them every since.

Silicone pads for everything....LOVE THEM!!!! I use these all the time. Then stick them in the dishwasher (top shelf). They are great for a 9x13 pan too... I got these from QVC.COM
I just ordered these oven liners for the ovens in our church basement. These slip right under the heating element and work wonderful. I got mine a year ago and LOVE IT!!!! Clean up is a breeze.
HAPPY BAKING ♥

3 comments:

  1. my daughter likes to make these, and they
    are delicious! thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering about those cookies... glad to know you like them. I'll have to put them on the Baking ToDo List.

    :)
    ButterYum

    PS - my friend loves the silicone oven liners, and I love cookie scoops, silicone pan liners, and believe it or not, I have 3 of those measuring cylinder thingies - they're great for sticky stuff like peanut butter, honey, molasses, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe sounds awesome. I must put a star on this post and try them. I like QVC, was a big shopper for many years. I have slowed down but still get things from time to time.

    ReplyDelete