Saturday, August 7, 2010

THE BIRTHDAY BOX....


On August 11, 2010, my dearest best friend will be celebrating a milestone birthday, 80!!!

My mom LOVES celebrations.... but when it has come to her own birthday, she would rather skip the day. Maybe I should say, skip the association of an age with the celebration. I keep telling her 80 is the new 70, and she can party with the best of them. Recently, at my daughter's wedding in June, Betty (my mom) was out on the dance floor all night, keeping up with all those young ones! It was good to see her just having fun.

Well, since she lives in Florida and I live in Illinois (and I wasn't able to fly down this year) I had to come up with something special for Birthday Betty, but nothing in the stores was doing it for me. This is a woman who has been very blessed and doesn't really want for anything.

Soooo, I came up with "THE BIRTHDAY BOX"



My mom is an excellent card maker and loves crafty little ideas
(that's where I get it from, I am positive!)
So I knew anything would be better than a store bought card
AND I HAD TO BE CLEVER!!!!!
So I picked up a bunch of stickers with the intentions of using them on pages.....
BUT I THOUGHT ONE BETTER....
INCORPORATE THE STICKERS IN THE PAGE WITHOUT STICKING THEM...
that way she can use them on her cards.... kind of a gift within a card......errr... box...
So here are a few of the 12 pages that I came up with,,,,, cheesy,,, yes!!!



She will find some time to pass out the extra horns and poppers!!!


So I found a shoe box and wrapped the top and bottom separate (that was a challenge!)

Stuffed everything inside....

and made a pretty bow

In all my years, I have never been one to get cards or gifts in the mail on time, let alone early.
I mailed this priority and she got it in 2 1/2 days, that is amazing!
She called me and said she loved it.... Happy Birthday mom on Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful gift. So much love went into making it and that makes it extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love it when inspiration strikes like that? It is like a gift to you and to the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori, what a great idea! Always great to get something useful. Your pages turned out really cute and I am sure your mom will have great fun creating. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are the best daughter ever! i'm ashamed of myself.
    your mom must have been very happy to receive such
    a thoughtful present!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Lori, what a fun box!
    Happy Birthday to your Mom!
    Hugs, Ann

    ReplyDelete