Saturday, July 17, 2010

POTTERY...

I love pottery! Wheel thrown pieces.
It all started with going to The Beau Arts Fair in Davenport, IA one year.

There, I bought my first piece! This berry bowl...


I brought it home and used it everyday. I would leave it on the counter just to be able to look at it.

I was hooked!
So I got on Ebay and started looking for pieces.

There I found these bowls... loved them, bought them.




This artist I found next and bought several pieces from her. Her Ebay name is sissy422. I LOVE the colors she uses and she packs and mails everything with real loving care. Visit her sometime. She always has something new on her site.




This is kind of a signature color that sissy422 uses... This picture does not do it justice.


This artist no longer lists his work on Ebay, so I am glad I grabbed the two pieces I have when I did. I bake pies in this...




Oh, and you can go to Hobby Lobby and pick up some pretty little pieces too! These are my everyday plates for the time being. DH (dear hubby) and I are trying to alter our eating habits a bit so I went to using 8" plates for our meals. I think we tend to not eat as much using them (diet tip from someone, can't remember who!)



But when we eat salads, we use these plates.... big 12" plates for a BIG SALAD!!!




I do still have the Corelle from long ago in the cupboard and we do still use it. But it sure is fun to set a table with lots of color!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely pottery indeed. Good idea to eat on smaller plates. Of course, there are some who don't get that concept and still pile on as much as they can. :) Have a great weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori,
    My fav is your berry bowl - what a beauty! Thanks for your kind comments about my windows. The large wildflower one did take about 6 weeks working on it part time. Have you noticed that I am usuing more beads? You might give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the berry bowl too! It's all so pretty...now you just need to learn how to do that and have your own business :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - I have a very, very, very similar blue pie plate that I purchased on ebay, and the seller is no longer listing items there. I bet it's the same guy who made your pie plate. Does yours have an "R" on the bottom? I really love mine. Wouldn't mind finding him again so I could get more of his pieces.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pie plate makes my heart beat fast....

    Wonderful! Pottery is a weakness of mine, too. I don't have the cupboard room right now (okay, I'll NEVER have the cupboard room, really) to collect much. Isn't it just substantial and real and strong? All the while, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Butteryum (Patricia),,, YES! It is the same person. His name was WilliamRichPottery and he hasn't had anything listed for a few years now. I got mine back in 2008. I figured something happened that he just suddenly stopped selling pottery. I LOVE THE TWO PEICES I WAS ABLE TO GET...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have made some beautiful choices. I bet your table looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete