Wednesday, December 21, 2011

SOMEONE BOUGHT THIS????

I make stained glass pictures, stones, etc. and sell them at CANDLE SHED. I do take requests and I was asked if there was any way I could make a Day of the Dead type picture. I thought I could take the challenge and do something with it. Because I didn't know much about the Mexican celebration, I thought I would at least *google* it.


It is a Mexican holiday celebrated throughout Mexico and around the world in many cultures. The holiday focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died. It is particularly celebrated in Mexico, where it attains the quality of a National Holiday, and all banks are closed. The celebration takes place on November 1–2, in connection with the Catholic holidays of All Saints' Day (November 1) and All Souls' Day (November 2).


So this was my one attempt. The size is 8x10 and when you hold it up to the light it kind of glows...




Not sure I will make any more, unless someone asks for one... It was a totally different venue for me.... just thought I would share.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! It is very different but you did a wonderful job on it. I am sure they love it.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Lori you didn't share this with me! It's lovely in it's own way. And you did it a lovely justice! I've recently added to my blog, but in a very different way. Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You should give it another go.

    ReplyDelete